Monday, April 1, 2013

yo' brows!

I asked my 'likers' on Facebook (I ALMOST said 'fans', but who the heck am I? lol) what they would like to see a blog post about. The very first who answered said BROWS! Which is great, because I am obsessed. I have major brow envy, as my own are an anorexic mess (not a whole lot to start out with, over tweezing, tattooed, etc), and every time I see a chick with amazing natural brows, I want to praise her for days... but I don't, cause that would be weird. No one gets me... sigh.

Anywho, there are SO many amazing tutorials for brows out there, but really only a few basic rules (which of course are only rules as far as a conventional look goes... have ya'll seen my friend Stace or Shrinkle rock the colored brows? Amazing). So, here goes.

See this generic face diagram?
So, what you're going to do is give your brow a basic shape... you don't want dreaded sperm brow
See how heavy they are toward her nose? It totally throws off the balance of her face. Not great.

So, back to generic face diagram. You're going to take a marking tool of some sort... a white eyeliner pencil works great for this. You're going to take another pencil and line it up from the base of your nostril (see that blue dotted line?) to the inner corner of your brow. This will be your starting point, make a little line there, marking the hairs you'll pluck away. Next, line that pencil up again, this time looking straight ahead, you're going to use the outer edge of your iris as your gauge (the white dotted line up there), this is where your brow should arch. Again, do the same going to the outer corner, being sure to line up with the outer corner of your eye. This will assure that your brows aren't to long or short for your face.

Now, you're all set as far as the shape is concerned, you're also going to want to make a pretty straight line from line 1 to line 2 (see that dark blue line?), this will give you a great shape, not to spermy (gross, lol).

Another thing you might want to try is to brush the hairs up toward your hairline with a brow tamer (or a clean mascara want sprayed with hairspray), and trim with cuticle scissors the long hairs that extend over the shape of your brow.

As far as filling them in, there are some really great youtube vids addressing that. Maybe I'll make one another day, lol. Basically, I think most people can benefit from filling in their brows a bit, it frames the face, and really does add such a finished look.

Thats all for now!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment