Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Talking about babies last night...

Got me to thinking about my semi-crunchy ways. I have had so many friends from the past comment that they never thought they would see the day that I _____ (insert crunchy mom act here... cloth diaper, cook from scratch,make babyfood).

Truth is, having babies changes people. Most of the time in a positive, healthy way. It changed me from being someone so short sighted, so focused on the day to day that I dropped out of nursing pre reqs to bar tend. Looking back, not my finest move, but I was making good money, so I couldn't imagine that would ever end.

 Today I have my day planned. After cleaning the bathroom and mopping, I will stuff diapers and feed the chickens. Yes, chickens. I have 2 of them, and they are our pets. Friends, not food (Nemo, anyone?). Red and TuTu are our backyard chickens, and they are awesome and sweet and hilarious.

Stuffing diapers? Let me explain... We are a cloth diapering family. We just recently started this adventure, and are sad that we didn't know how easy it was when Crue was in diapers. It saves about $2000 over the span of 2 and a half years, too. I will link some super helpful videos below if anyone is interested. I breastfeed, I delay vaccinations, I try not to feed my family preservatives (as much as possible)... I don't consider myself a hippie, per se, but I can't say that growing up in Nor Cal didn't have a lingering affect on me, even though I've lived in Texas for 5 years now. I say y'all and hella. Sometimes in the same sentence.

 Anyway, if you have any questions about my parenting style, cloth diapers, breastfeeding, etc, please feel free to ask. I love sharing things that I wish someone had shared with me... it takes a village, right? -C


 P.S., this channel was super helpful to me when I decided to cloth!

No comments:

Post a Comment