Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fashion Friday... on Sunday

So, my goal was going to be to start a 'Fashion Friday'... a post I would do every week, without fail. Welp, that got off to a great start ;) I totally started it on Friday, got caught up with other stuff,and my dear husband closed out the window on our computer... so here I am starting all over again. Not a huge deal, since I have all of my 'looks' for the week saved on Polyvore, and I hadn't said anything prolific in the 3 sentences I banged out late Friday night... so, with that, here we go!

First, my big score of the weekend... I am so stoked. See, I wanted this dress I saw on Gap.com SO bad... so bad I posted about it on Facebook (shit got real), but was not about to pay $75 for it. No ma'am. So, I gave up the search... I learned to live without that perfect Chevron Maxi dress. That was until I saw it at the Gap in Waco this weekend. On sale, WITH an extra 40% off the sale price. So, for under $30 I walked out with not one, but TWO of these gorgeous dresses!




With that score under my belt, I managed to add 3 tank tops and a pair of rust colored jeans from American Eagle... only spending $60 all together. While I have a really hard time spending money on myself, I couldn't be happier with my purchases, and feel like my wardrobe is so much more complete now. With that said, here are some looks I plan to recreate... looks I feel are essential for Fall/Winter.

First, the Hoodie. An essential in every aspect. The ability to take you from Summer to Fall, adding it to your tank top/cutoffs uniform in September drags your comfortable staples out another month... I can never have too many of these! Here are some looks I put together using a hoodie I have (the ON cream and neon stripes), and two I want real bad. All of these outfits are totally mix and match, and are perfect for everything from running errands, to playing with the kiddos, to shopping with girlfriends.
Must haves for fall


Fat Face navy hoodie
$66 - johnlewis.com


Fat Face hoodie shirt
$66 - fatface.com


Old Navy graphic hoody
oldnavy.gap.com


Racer back tank
evanity.com


Scoop neck top
evanity.com


Forever New skinny fit jeans
$84 - forevernew.com.au



Sperry top-sider shoes
piperlime.gap.com


Mango suede ankle booties
mango.com



See what I mean about mix and match? You can totally wear the pink denim (or any colored would work... my new rust colored jeans will be in place of these) with the Sperry's or the booties. You could do the blue solid hoodie with the cutoffs and Sperrys, too... I love that.



The next set is my favorite, for it's versatility and classic look. I love all the feminine detail, the ease of the dresses, and again, the ability to mix and match the pieces.


Fall must haves


H M flare dress
$23 - hm.com


Oasis maxi dress
$75 - johnlewis.com


Hollister Co floral top
hollisterco.com


Lucky Brand flat
nordstrom.com


Aldo shoes
aldoshoes.com


Mulberry handbag
ssense.com


J.Crew stud earrings
jcrew.com



That said, I have no dresses like this. I need some, badly. The problem is, I am really long waisted, and they all end up looking far too short on me. I need to figure out a remedy to this, and quick! Imagine wearing the blue dress on a warm day, with the flats, and a month later pairing it with tights and booties. Even booties closer to the ones from the Hoodies set would look so cute! Throw on that cardigan, or a denim jacket, and it's a perfect cool fall date night outfit.

So, these are just a few looks I thought would be good to have in your closet if you are trying to go from this sweltering heat, to cool fall nights. There will be more to come on the Winter looks of 2012 (Wool coats, anyone?), but I leave you with this... my most hated trends of the year, so far...



Trends I hate




American apparel tank top
americanapparel.net


Cat shirt
romwe.com


Forever 21 graphic tee
forever21.com


Motel skinny jeans
$75 - motelrocks.com

Pretty much just trends I hate... From left to right:

Mustache, go away.
YOLO? YOU DIE.
Hi-Lo dress? You are like finding a parking space, only to find a motorcycle is there.
Men, please stoppit.
Hipsters, stop wearing grandma stuff 'ironically"
These prints make you look fat.
Ikat, you look like Southwest 1995 revisited.
(edited to add- I have a few friends who can pull off the ironic kitten look... you know who you are, and I love you. If you've been doing it since 2007, you get a pass) -C

No comments:

Post a Comment