Tuesday, April 17, 2012

That damn glider.

So, one before shot I didn't take was a rocker glider thingy that I have taken on. Mostly because I forgot to take a decent before picture (see previous DIY post, my camera skills are severly lacking). Welp, it was oak vainer (nothing sexier, am I right?), with this country-esque horrid blue fabric with little pink flowers. It would not qualify as country chic... not even ironically.

So, I started spray painting it white. This is when I came to the conclusion that spray paint is dumb. So, it sat in my backyard for a week. Half primered, half painted. That's when my neighbors came to the conclusion that we are white trash. But I digress.

I brought it in the house tonight to finish it up, once and for all. I got out my new foam roller I had read all about on Pinterest (Pinterest *does* know all, right?), and went at it with some acrylic latex enamel. Its starting to come together at this point... but still, looking like a 6th graph home ec project. I'm trying not to be discouraged, but man... 'tis not an easy task.

I will update with pictures tomorrow, and try to get an honest opinion from you, my 6 loyal followers :)

-C

2 comments:

  1. hahaha dont feel bad ive had many fails with painting and i was talking to a new mom (new to me not new just had a baby) and she said shes seen me around like outside spray painting LOL! yeah that was me in the haze of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our wooden rockers went something like that. Spray paint, then paint, then more sanding, and more paint. They're still not perfect, but they work.
    You can do this, it will happen, and when it does it will be Awesome!

    ReplyDelete