Monday, April 16, 2012

Some before pictures... a preview of what is to come

Here are some of the current projects I am tackling slowly!

First, an armoire. His grandma gave this to us, and it is currently housing his amp and pedals. I have a grand vision for this... perhaps a marigold?



Next, a vintage record console. I bought this at my favorite thrift store for $15. I couldn't pass this one up. I'm thinking of doing this white, but still taking suggestions. I would love to use this as a TV stand in the future!


Okay, this piece... well, it's my favorite. A craigslist find, and I love a great craigslist find. It's a vintage dresser, and it was $80. I could easily turn around and sell this for 3x as much. It has dovetail joints and is great quality. I want to do this piece white, with some distressed black knobs. I am excited to start this one, but I want to get a few others under my belt so I don't screw it up!



This is a vintage highchair that my in-laws purchased for us when Crue was a baby. Notice the seat? Yeah, it successfully made it for 30 years, and Crue destroyed it, lol. That's my boy. I don't want to paint this, just clean it up and get some cute fabric for the seat.
Last, but not least, I have this chest. It's old and coming apart, and is currently housing random electrical wires and gift bags.



So that's it! If you have any awesome suggestions for me, I am totally open to them. I will be sure to update as I finish each project, too. I gave up on spray paint, though I know a lot of people use it successfully, it just wasn't for me. I'll be using latex enamel with a foam roller for the record console, and take it from there!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment