Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The most naked of them all

Before this next product came into my life, Urban Decays 'Naked' palette was my lover. It was all I needed (almost), every shade I had ever wanted (almost), and could create (almost) any look I could ever hope to achieve... almost. Are you sensing a theme? Yeah, as much as I adored this slightly over rated palette (come on people, a waitlist a year long for EYESHADOW!?), I had to admit, it was missing something. I always wished it had a matte highlighter. If you're like me, you love the buttery smooth look of a matte shadow. Sure, the glitter is fun, and dramatic and well, glittery... but matte shadows are a staple in my makeup bag (er, huge ass box, lol). This palette by Stila is the most perfect palette I have ever seen. I haven't played with it yet, but just swatching it gave me chills. I also think I might have a slight problem in my excitement over pressed pigments. The colors blend easily, the pigment is impressive, and the price is within my budget. What is there not to love? Nothing. It has every matte shade you will ever need. In life. Ever. Eeeever. Do you feel like you're in a Seth McFarland joke now?
Ladies and um... probably just more ladies... I give you "In The Know" Stila Palette! Look for my posts the next few weeks, trying all sorts of fun new looks. And old ones, too. Have I ever expressed my love for Kelly Taylors makeup on 90210? When I tried to google to show you some pictures of what I mean, I came up with a TON of Taylor swift (cute, but no Kelly Taylor), and Taylor Momson (who frankly, I shouldn't be looking at before bed, that ish is scary). I cannot for the life of me find a picture of what I am seeing in my head, but it was a look I've only duplicated with Bobbi Brown "Toast" eyeshadow. I'm thinking of doing it with 'Fire'. I would also love to use 'Fire' on a blue eyes gal... I think it would look awesome. Anywho, check back to see what I come up with! -C

No comments:

Post a Comment