Saturday, March 16, 2013

C takes on... change

In an attempt to spruce up my neglected blog (isn't every post at least 2 months apart and has the same apology?), I am going to be moving in another direction... beauty reviews and set talk from photoshoots pretty much exclusively right now. I can't be trusted to go off track here. So, in my latest review, I bring you... My latest Bloom.com purchases!

Here's what we have in my late January purchase to review:

Stila Stay All Day Liner in Snow

 I am so impressed with this liner. I would estimate in the past 10 years or so I have purchased approx. 9 million white liners, and none, not ONE of those achieved my desired effect, which is a stark white line with one pass. Stila got it right with this one, delivering an opaque, solid line, with no tugging or pulling... Bravo! I have read reviews that these dry out rather quickly, so I will report back on that one. So far so good :)

Stila Smudge Crayon and Primer in Antique I typically use paint pots myself, but on clients in sometimes those can be difficult.. scooping out product and all to preserve cleanliness. What I love about the Stila smudgestick primers is that I can scribble one on the back of my clean hand and use a brush to pick up product. I have used this exact shade my last few shoots, and really loved it's effect for a smokey gold eye. It goes on smoothly, and primes quite well. I have not seen creasing or fading, but I also use primer potion underneath. The color of this is a nice gold, with not too much yellow, which I appreciate. It has a rosy undertone to it, and looks beautiful on pretty much any skin tone.
Cargo Lip Gloss Quad in Argentina and Oceania I love the Cargo line all together, because it's really made with a makeup artist in mind. All of their products are easy to stack, compact, and without a lot of packaging to take up space. This is no exception. Their lip quads are 4 beautiful shades, that are really easy to work with. They have a sheer finish with just enough sparkle to make the lips appear fuller, but not so much that you look like a disco hooker. I really like every shade in both of these , which is a rarity for pallets... right?

 
  soft shimmering berry, deep rust, deep burgundy, and golden copper
  soft icy-pink, vibrant wine, cotton-candy pink, and bright berry

Next post will have my reviews for the remainder of this order, as well as a recent haul, including Benefit's High Beam and more! If there is anything you would like to see, please let me know.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment