Tuesday, April 2, 2013

yo brows, take 2 (let's fill 'em in)

I talked a little about brow shaping yesterday, with the promise of updating today on products/techniques that I use to fill in clients an my own brows. So, with that said, I don't have a video of my own to show, but instead am going to link y'all to a few that I love... no need to reinvent the wheel, right?

If you like the gradient brow look (which I love), seen here:
What I like about this tutorial is that she does have brows, they are just very sparse, which a lot of us have. Notice how she 'carves' her brows out with the concealer? I love the crisp look of this. Of course this looks pretty 'made up', so if you are looking for a more natural look, this may not be for you. I would say the more important everyday makeup techniques to take from this video would be to darken the lower line of your brows, and make the 'tail' of your brow the darkest color.

Of course while I was searching for this tutorial on YouTube I came across this one (after watching 2 hours of tutorials, lol), which I really liked! I love that she is using drugstore products, and I also love that is looks so natural!

Both of these ladies have awesome tutorials, by the way... if you have time definitely watch a few more from them!

Now, as far as product, here is what I use, and have been using for quite some time:

(my model Courtney, with her awesome filled in brows)
MAC 263 brush- you would think any angled brush would work, but for me this is worth the $19. It's lasted me 13 years, and I don't think it's going anywhere, lol.

MAC fuidline in 'dipdown'- I use this as the initial brow filler, like that first video. I'm thinking that the Wet n Wild version shown in the 2nd video is probably just fine. What you are looking for is a nice dark base with a little bit of creaminess to hold on to the powder you are going to be setting it with.

Sadly, the "MAC brow shader I use is discontinued (super sad face), but any eye shadow that is completely matte, and no more than 2 shades darker than your haircolor will do.

TimeBalm concealer- I use this to carve out the brows, lining under and over to get the clean, crisp look I like. Also, this concealer is great for under eyes... and on sale on Amazon, woot!

Lastly, any bone colored matte shadow to set the concealer. I use Bone by Bobbi Brown, or one from my favorite Stila palette 'In The Know'. If you don't have this palette, get it. It's my go to for everything. I even bought a back up for my kit, and have used it almost every time since.

So, that's it! By now you should have a pretty good idea on what to do with your brows. Next up is going to be dark spots. I am going to go over covering them, but as I am NOT a skincare pro (boy do I wish I was... trial and error for me!), I am inviting a guest blogger to help me out with that question!
(of course me, and my brows ;p)

Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment